Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do You Like Colouring?


Below you will find "conceptual art" (what a film student calls the result of dicking around with some pen & paper for a bit) for my upcoming short film "The Smyslov Screw". What's shown here is basically a drawing of each of the two lead character's faces and a drawing of one in full attire. This is for no more reason than to help me in finding what I want them to look like and dress like, and I'm certainly no artist (look at the way his legs are positioned in the full body one. Criminal) so don't judge too harshly. I just thought I'd stick them here for the laugh. You can expect me to add another full body drawing, this one of the character of Vincent in costume, and another doodle or two of the supporting cast of characters. 

The (admittedly slightly reminiscent of The Head off of Art Attack) fellow seen above is the dower and haggard protagonist of the piece Vincent Bagshaw. 

This here is the film's catalyst Scooter McIntyre in full costume. Isn't he well cool?



And of course Scooter's headshot.



This entry is really just an excuse to publicize my pretty little pictures, but seeing as I'm here and all I'll go ahead and treat myself to a ramble. The trend of high spirits and robot love set for 2010 on new years eve fall for some and continue for others as snow (ice really, but I'm one for looking on the bright side) continues to fall in Dublin. I myself am amongst the latter group of people, staying in Dublin for an extra week thanks to unforeseen circumstances. Good thing too, as my few extra days here are proving very pleasant. I do wish I had photographs as for then I could show them to you without having you to use the power of your imagination to decipher what it is I've been up to. Well I fear this is one of those rare moments in the modern age where you'll have to pump that big ol' brain of yours into the unknown depths of imagination, because of relevant photographs I have exactly zero. I could go into a description of my recent escapades, perhaps even a nice anecdote or two; but this isn't that kind of blog. Nor do I really find the events in question really interesting enough to write about. Suffice to say, I'm in Dublin for another two days and having a pleasant time being so. 
It seems my distinct lack of time spent sitting around doing nothing more than thinking has lead to an all-time record slump in the tiny little history of this blog. Myself circa '09 would be disappointed in present time me. Much like the character played by actor and fat child Spencer Breslin in Disney's Bruce Willis epic "The Kid" (I never understood why the child was so miffed anyway. He grew up to be Bruce Willis, an impressive feat for any fictional character. Let alone a grotesquely overweight one). In the grand tradition of tomorrowness and general optimism I reckon I'll be posting with a lot more regularity come my triumphant return to London Town. There is, after all, a party happening in my (Irish) home of homes upon the morrow and I'm sure that will at the very least provide the photos which you readers so desperately crave. Vultures. I'll also be getting down to work on the aforementioned short film, which should prove a breeding ground for blog topics...
I'm sorry Bruce Willis; I promise I'll blog more soon.

Hoping to see more of you,
Kid Sensible. 

Eks-oh-eks and that.

No comments:

Post a Comment